The estate at Rhagatt Hall has a 14th century heritage and is believed to have been owned by Tudur ap Gruffudd, the brother of Owain Glyndwr and himself the Lord of Gwyddelwern. Tudur fought alongside his brother in the rebellion against Henry IV, and was slain in the field at the Battle of Pwll Melyn near Usk in the spring of 1405. Apparently, Tudur’s resemblance to his brother caused many of the English to believe they had killed Owain himself.
The House today is a Grade II listed 19th century building, largely re-modelled by Edward Lloyd in 1819-1820, after he acquired the estate in 1804. The main building was refurbished in around 1970.
In 1910, a priest by the name of Robert Hutton was travelling along the back road from Corwen to Carrog, now the B5437 by pony and trap when he was killed by a falling tree during a storm. A memorial stone was placed in the wall just below Rhagatt Hall. Many have claimed to have seen the ghost of the priest, particularly on foggy or misty evenings riding along the road before disappearing into the gloom.